Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bridle your passions

Anyways, next semester I have 17 credits and 9 classes... yikes! I could potentially have 13.5 credits and 6 classes, but i can't bring myself to drop any of my fun, yet worthwhile classes. After all, this is my chance to take them!

I am always discovering new interests and possible other majors. Don't get me wrong, I love my major. However, my major is too long to take as many fun classes as I would like. Furthermore, because I basically knew what I was doing from the get-go, I didn't get to explore my options. Maybe this was a good thing... I don't know if I could have picked a major anyways. Too many options, and I can be indecisive. (Try shopping with me at the grocery store... or even clothes shopping for that matter).

Here are just a few possible other possible majors:
1.Nutrition
Well, as mentioned previously, I am a "food snob." I love being healthy and learning more about the human body and health in general.

2. Exercise Science
Love to exercise. I enjoy being healthy too.

3. Early Childhood Education
My experiences working at a daycare last summer and a Montessori school this past summer have really piqued my interest in preschool-age children. Love them. I would add a second emphasis and basically triple major if I could. However, it's not possible. And, I am getting kind of sick of school... sometimes.

4. English
Well, as you have probably experienced, I can be a pretty thorough editor. I know about commas and wording. We peer-reviewed each other's research papers in my advanced writing class today. This girl was challenged in that department--run-ons and confusing sentences everywhere. Okay, so that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but the experience did enlarge my head slightly.
Furthermore, I have decided that writing (as long as it is not timed) can be fun. Manipulating words and phrases to reach a point and persuade your readers, finding fun and new words, sounding sophisticated, etc. If I have the time and desire, I can be a good writer.

5. European history
Fun stuff. Except this major would take me nowhere and it would just be learning a bunch of facts and writing essays and papers.

6. Choral Education
Love choir... End of story. Except I doubt I could have made it into the program.

Note: I am not suggesting I need to bridle my passions. I just thought it was a fun title. However, I am being forced to bridle my passions because I can't pursue everything I desire. And yes, I realize I am taking this scripture out of context probably.


Another side note: I got extra credit for going to class today. I almost didn't go. Sweetness! This is why i go to class...
I am in the library and I smell pizza and root beer. No joke. I want some... especially Brick Oven.

Now, in Meagan's words: Peace out.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

It just means that you are a well rounded person and have a lot of likes. Actually you might not be as passionate with some of them if you had the chance to take a class in them. But you will be plenty happy with what you chose!