Saturday, December 20, 2008

In honor of lifelong friends...


And then there were two...

Well, another one of my close friends, Jenn got married on Friday! Woo hoo! I am so excited for her and Aaron!

So, I was at her reception, and as we were leaving, she said something along these lines, "Ya know, we will always be friends." It really started my wheels a spinnin'...

With finals over with, I have plenty of time to think about whatever I want now.

I told Jenn we would all always be friends. After all, we are probably all each other's last close girlfriends before marriage. We've watched each other grow up, and we watched relationships evolve into marriage. I am pretty sure that if we had to choose friends to stay in touch with, we would all be on each other's list. We all have fond memories, and as cheesy as this sounds, they all hold a special spot in my heart. I have learned a lot from them--from recipes to good music, from dating to my relationship with Our Savior. Even if it is just Christmas cards and visits when we are in the area, we will stay in each other's lives. However, in this world of facebook and blogging, I would be willing to bet we stay closer than that.

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was honestly the perfect movie for us to watch at Jenn's Bachelorette Party!

So, yeah, I've been thinking alot about how lucky we are. I don't think everyone leaves the college scene with such close friends. I remember debating who to live with freshmen year--I almost lived with Chelsie, a close friend from home. However, Chelsie and I will always be close, and I wanted to get to know some new friends better. To think I almost missed out on making some of the best friends I've ever had! That's honestly not an exaggeration either.

I had close friends in high school and some fond memories. We formed an exclusive group of girls called the "Yistas," and we were pretty tight. I also made many close friends in my AP classes and choir. I will never forget them. However, I am beginning to kinda lose touch with many of them, which is just as much my fault as theirs. However, our lives are heading different directions, and we have different interests. Also, adolescent insecurities are also associated with this era. And although I had fun, I never opened up as much as I have with my roommates. When you live with friends, you grow much closer and get to know them on a whole new level.

Meagan and I felt on the lonely side this year with Jenn engaged and Monica on a mission. However, Monica comes back in about a year. I am sure we will also have some fun with Jules when she returns in less than a year. And, we are so excited for Jenna and Jenn--they have found wonderful men they will love for time to all eternity.

So, here's to the memories and love of lifelong friends!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

1. That "snap" picture never works out for me.

2. I appreciated your comments. I have a lot of friends from different eras of my life that I definately have contrasting levels of closeness with. I think it's great that we have all of this technology to keep closer together like facebook and blogging. It's just a matter of using it.

3. I am glad you decided to live with us otherwise where would I be today??

4. Things change after people are married but I hope that we can all still make time for each other.

5. I love all of us!

6. One of my greatest wishes is that we can all find great husbands like Jenna and Jenn. And then have couple parties!

jenn said...

this is such a beautiful post, i'm all verklempt! thanks marissey...i wholeheartedly concur with everything you said. my mom said her biggest regret in life is not keeping in touch with her college friends, so i'll be extra in tune with making sure that doesn't happen this generation around...
p.s. i love the snap picture, i already said this on facebook but e-mail it to monica straight away she'll love it!