Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Journey Home

I mentioned in my previous post the touching WC devotional on Friday. The girl giving the devotional created a "found poem," a poem made up of quotations from other poems. She wrote a found poem quoting various parts of all of our music and reflecting the theme of our concert. Here it is:

[We are] far from home
In the nighttime of [our] fear
Amid th’encircling gloom
Sick, sad, simple
Weary, weeping, wild
Should we die before our journey’s through?

Lead, kindly Light

Keep the home fires burning
Keep thou [our] feet
One step restores
One step renews
One step rewards
One step enough for me
‘Til we’ve seen this journey through

Sister, surely goodness and mercy shall follow
And the messenger shall say,
“Welcome home”

We’ll find the place which God for us prepared
We’ll find such harmony
We’ll all feel glad
We’ll make the air with music ring

Happy day!
Hurrah!
Lauda!
Hosanna!
All is well!

And in the house of the Lord,
I’m going to live forever.


Not hard to tell why I, along with many other singers and audience members, thought it was a great concert, huh? Don't worry... I will definitely be blogging again when the concert airs on PBS.

I already miss WC. I have thought about trying to rearrange things in order to continue WC. However, sooner or later I have to move on. I know it is my time to move on. It was an amazing opportunity, and I am forever changed.

No comments: