Monday, April 20, 2009

The real meaning of DTR

I am taking a break from studying (since I don't take enough of those... ha) by writing in my blog. Actually, I just finished part of an assignment so I am rewarding myself. I swear my abilitiy to focus lately has been nonexistent... ask Meagan...

So, I had my first real ever DTR last night. How does the non-Mormon world exist without them? (Or, do they exist but without that terminology?) Actually, I find them annoying, awkward, and unnecessary... usually. Just go with the flow... (I guess I can't really say with my lack of experience... but this has been my opinion, however uncalled for it may be.) I do believe they can be beneficial means of communication, especially if both parties have a different view of the relationship. You know... one or two of these might have saved me a little heartache...

Okay, I told a little white lie... I think I have had desires for a form of DTR in the past...

Anyways, this reminds me of a little story. It's not my story, but I quite enjoy telling it. So, there was this boy chasing one of my cousins. Well, they had been on a couple of dates, but my cousin was trying to avoid him. Anyways, this boy called her, tolded her he needed a DTR, and would pick her up shortly. My cousin was shocked--he had no reason to expect any relationship at all! Well, he picked her up... and there was another couple in the car!! Talk about awkward... After much anticipation, they arrived at Del Taco. The boys got out of the car, and the girls looked at each other confusedly. Then the boys explain that they needed a Del Taco Run... Oh, boy, my cousin was mad...
Good story, huh?

1 comment:

Jenna Garns said...

So what happened? Who was it with and what was said? I want details! By the way, Happy Birthday last week... oops. I thought about it a few days before but then realized that it was too early and then of course I forgot. I hope it was a good one!