Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nightmares in the south bedroom of G6

Normally, I don't remember my dreams, but lately this has not been so...
Instead, I have woken up the past two nights with signs of relief mingled with remnants of fright and terror.
Unfortunately, these dreams cannot be recounted perfectly. Only fragments of my feelings remain, and only faint scenes can be replayed in my mind. I would rather not review those dreams anyways.

Friday night could have been a happy dream full of love and peace. Instead, this dream was full of loss, shock, and betrayal. Meagan met a boy, fell in love, and got engaged... all in the same day. I didn't understand--how could Meagan leave me... alone!
(Note: This is an exaggeration.)

After a visit to the Draper temple open house and a visit with an old friend (Actually she is is only 22, and we are still good friends... except she's married), only pleasant dreams were to be expected. We even watched a lovely movie full of short 5-minute films about love, called Paris, je t'aime. One could only expect dreams full of "happily ever afters." But, alas, 'tis was not meant to be.
Instead, my dreams were full of vampires--in the disguise of children. Myself and others were supposed to be protecting and watching these children. Eventually, we were protecting others from these children. However, I felt weak, vulnerable, and scared. I wasn't much help and depended on those older, wiser, and stronger than I. I don't remember much more than that. Thank goodness! My alarm clock this morning had never been a more pleasant sound.
It must have been that short film about the love of vampires...

2 comments:

Meagan said...

That vampire one was creepy. I would credit that to be the cause of your nightmares. And good job on posting an anecdotal story! Me gusta.

jenn said...

oh dear, those are just crazy. One day is just too fast for all that to happen, meagan. But anyhow, engaged roommates are just so much fun!!! And I'm sorry the movie affected your subconscious so much maris...i hope dreams don't come true.