Saturday, March 14, 2009

A balanced life

So, I have a lot of things on my plate this semester between extracurricular activities and school and church and my social life. It's definitely a balancing act.

Sometimes I feel like as a result I master none of it, but I love it all. I don't excel in any particular one thing. It's hard because there will always be someone better than you... especially at BYU.

Nonetheless, I do enjoy it all--dancing, singing, teaching, performing, loving, socializing, running, etc.

So, the question is... is it better to focus on a couple things and excel or to sample them all?

I am probably in the middle somewhere, which is probably ideal. Perhaps being closer to the excelling end would be nice though.

However, on a positive note, I have realized (based on my own observations and others' compliments) that I have a strong willingness and desire to try new things. I face new things with a positive attitude, and I love to try new things and face new situations. I never realized until recently that not everyone has that desire. I consider it a great blessing!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I felt that way a lot this week. Especially about Dancesport. I wanted to be able to work on it and do well but it just isn't my priority. Nor my partners'. But it is hard for me to push away feelings of sibling rivalry when Jillian made it to the quarterfinals. Mostly I am proud of her though.