Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Boys, boys, boys...

So... the most unusual thing is going inside of my head at the moment. I actually don't want to play "hard to get" with a particular boy. I want to show interest. Weird, I know...
I have some pretty good clues that he at least thinks I am cute. There has been flirtation and flattery but little else.

However, I am not a forward girl, and I do not want to be one of "those" girls.

So, there's the dilemma. How do I show my interest and convince him to take me out without letting him know this. He needs to be a man, and I at least need to let him think he is "being a man."

Problem: He's not in my ward or classes, and so I never just run into him.

Advice here or elsewhere is gladly welcomed.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Confidence is key.

Aaron said...

Not only do you want to let him be the man and ask you out, you have to be careful to not let him think you are REALLY into him, cuz then he might think you are desperate and get turned off. It is a delicate balance. As missionaries we learned that frequent (almost daily) communication was ESSENTIAL to developing relationships with people. So my advice is to write on his wall or send him a facebook message every once in a while. Ask him random simple questions (how are classes etc) or tell him something nice that happened that day. (short and simple) Not in a weird way, but a friendly way. This will keep YOU in his mind and as soon as that bulb goes off in his head that says, "Gee, it would be fun to go on a date this weekend....hmmm...who....oh hum...Marissa!"

When Jenn and I started out I would do random things just to keep myself in her mind. Over a couple weeks you will be surprised how quickly you feel more connected. Slowly but surely you can reel him in...literally and figuratively.

Meagan said...

Aaron you always have such great advice. But do it quickly. You're running out of time...